Senate Environmental Resources and Energy Committee
Wednesday, May 10, 2023 | 10:30 a.m.
Room 8E-A, East Wing
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Bill Consideration
• Senate Bill 198 (Bartolotta)- An Act amending the act of July 13, 1988 (P.L.530, No.94), known as the Environmental Hearing Board Act,
further providing for definitions and for jurisdiction.
• Senate Bill 199 (Bartolotta)- An Act amending the act of July 13, 1988 (P.L.530, No.94), known as the Environmental Hearing Board Act,
further providing for Environmental Hearing Board.
• Senate Bill 689 (Yaw)- An Act amending the act of November 26, 1978 (P.L.1375, No.325), known as the Dam Safety and Encroachments
Act, providing for issuance of and conditions for continuous maintenance permits.
• Senate Bill 690 (Yaw)- The second bill, which mirrors House Bill 2405 introduced during the 2021-2022 session, will create a program that
allows counties to opt in to address hazards within their streams by allowing for emergency maintenance permits in consultation with their
county conservation district.
• Senate Bill 691 (Yaw)- An Act amending the act of June 28, 1995 (P.L.89, No.18), known as the Conservation and Natural Resources Act,
in renaming Department of Environmental Resources and defining rulemaking authority of Department of Environmental Protection,
repealing provisions relating to Department of Environmental Protection and providing for Department of Environmental Services; and
making editorial changes.